My name is Guoyou Sun. I go by G. Sun or G. -Y. Sun for short. Sun is my surname and Guoyou is my given name. Chinese names are written in surname-first order. Hence, my name should really be written as Sun Guoyou (孙国佑 in simplified Chinese, 孫國佑 in traditional Chinese).
I was born in 1984 at Yueqing City, Zhejiang Province, P.R. China. I’m an amateur astronomer with a passion for discovering new objects, and a member of the Chinese Astronomical Society and the Xingming Observatory Sky Survey team. I won the 2015 Edgar Wilson Award for the discovery of comet C/2015 F5 SWAN-Xingming, I am priviledged to be named after asteroid (546756) Sunguoyou.
- The Discovery of an Equal-mass Twin Binary System by Online Sky Survey Images，Journal of Double Star Observations, Vol. 16 No. 4 August 1, 2020 p401-402，http://www.jdso.org/volume16/number4/Sun_401_402.pdf
- Discovery of new member of WDS 02137-0302，WDS 02137-0302 B may not be physical，Journal of Double Star Observations, Vol. 16 No. 4 August 1, 2020 p403-404，http://www.jdso.org/volume16/number4/Sun_403_404.pdf
- Searching for eclipsing binaries in the area of RA: 02h 21m 36s , DEC: +57°11′32″，Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Volume 497, Issue 3, September 2020, Pages 3381–3392, https://doi.org/10.1093/mnras/staa2170
- The Unusual Eruption of the Extragalactic Classical Nova M31N 2017-09a，The Observatory 140 (2020) 85-93，https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020arXiv200610118L
- The first photometric and spectroscopic analysis of the neglected totally eclipsing contact binary NSVS 2536063, New Astronomy, Volume 98, January 2023, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1384107622001038?dgcid=coauthor
- TOI-4562 b: A highly eccentric temperate Jupiter analog orbiting a young field star, The Astronomical Journal, Volume 165, Number 3, February 2023, http://dx.doi.org/10.3847/1538-3881/acb5a2
- Extremely low mass ratio contact binaries — I. the first photometric and spectroscopic investigations of ten systems, The Astronomical Journal, Volume 164, Number 5, October 2022, http://dx.doi.org/10.3847/1538-3881/ac8ff2
- The First Photometric and Orbital Period Investigation of an Extremely Low Mass Ratio Contact Binary with a Sudden Period Change, TYC 4002-2628-1, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Volume 517, Issue 2, December 2022, Pages 1928–1936, https://doi.org/10.1093/mnras/stac2811
- Photometric and spectroscopic studies of the long period low mass ratio deep contact binary KN Per, Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, Volume 134, Number 1041, https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1538-3873/ac99fd
- The study of eleven contact binaries with mass ratios less than 0.1, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Volume 519, Issue 4, March 2023, Pages 5760–5774, https://doi.org/10.1093/mnras/stad026